1. Collection Of Information
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We collect information about you when you:
- Create an account;
- Attend an event;
- Visit our website; and
- Communicate with us.
- When you visit www.winconference.net we automatically collect information about your use of the website. We collect this in order to optimize the user experience and functionality of our website.
- When creating an account or attending a WIN event, we collect the data you yourself provide, e.g. name, address etc.
- When you sign up to our newsletter we collect the information you provide when signing up.
Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password.
Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Profile Data includes your username and password, previous event attendance, preferences, as well as any profile data, which we have added (for example, using analytics and profiling).
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us and your communication preferences. You can control emails that you receive from WIN by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive, or by adjusting the communication preferences in your account settings. If you opt out, we may still receive other communications.
WIN uses a third party payment processor, Saferpay, to process payments made for products and services via the website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors – WIN does not see or store your full Permanent Account Number (PAN).
2. Use Of Information
We use information about you to:
- Operate, improve, and promote WIN;
- Communicate with you; and
- Personalize content.
We do not sell, publish or in any other way forward your personal data to others unless:
- It is necessary in order to deliver our service to you.
- It is necessary to comply with legislation.
- You have given your consent to do so
To get transparency about how we handle your personal information, we hereby inform you of your rights.
- Right to access: You are at any time entitled to get access to any information we have regarding you.
- Right to correction: You have the right to get incorrect information about you corrected.
- Right to deletion: You have the right to get all or some of your personal information deleted by us.
- Right to revoke: You have the right to revoke your consent.
- You can review and change information about you in your account settings.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any of the above requests.
3. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
4. Third-party links